Monday, October 21, 2013

For those of you who have been following me - I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This weekend was very eventful for me. On Saturday I helped my parents out with a garage sale and when I made it home I had a big surprise waiting for me. When I first started sponsoring children I decided to start with 2 kids until I could assess if I wanted to do more or not. God apparently had other plans in store for me though.

When I first sponsored Syerlina, I found out that I was going to be getting a new account so I just went ahead with it. After I had received the information on my second account I decided to browse the website to try and find my second child. I had decided beforehand that I wanted to sponsor a child from Honduras so I started browsing the available option and I ran across Emely Alondra Rodríguez Gómez


Emely is 5 years old and lives in Honduras

This little cutie really tugged on my heart strings when I saw her so I decided to sponsor her.
This is when the story gets interesting though - I made it through the process fine but nothing happened. After 2 days I noticed that she was still on the website. but the day that I called Compassion she disappeared - They told me to wait a few days to see if she made it to my account or she came back up on the website. After another 2 days I checked again and she still wasnt there so I called Compassion again to see if she had been sponsored and they said she had. So I moved on. So I sponsored Marisela. But just this last week I was reading a thread on OurCompassion talking about linking our Compassion accounts to OurCompassion. So I decided to log back in to my old account to change the email so I could link them and there was Emely. She couldnt have been there for that long because I had been periodically logging in to check that. 

So basically I was presented with a dilemma. Should I stop the sponsorship or try to keep her?

I started praying to find out what God was wanting me to do while I went through my options. Thats when I decided to ask my sister if she would want to co-sponsor with me. I met with her after church the next day and asked her if she would want to......

And - she said YES!!!

So now I am very happy to be the sponsor of 3 beautiful little girls. I shall be posting more information about them very soon.


1 comment: